Use of Good Shepherd Parish Churches
(yet not a parishioner)
All paperwork and preparation should be completed in your local parish. If you are not registered in the parish you may be required to do so.
- Schedule an appointment with the priest or his delegate to complete the Pre-Marital Investigation form. This will determine your freedom to marry. If one of you is not Catholic or unbaptized, additional paperwork is necessary. If one or both of you are divorced and that marriage has not been declared null and void an annulment is necessary.
- Ask the priest or his delegate to call/e-mail Elizabeth Williams, Pastoral Life Coordinator at Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org 207-282-3321 to indicate that you are indeed free to marry and permission granted to celebrate the sacrament outside of your parish.
- Call Good Shepherd Parish to inquire about your marriage date and church of choice. The receipt of the $250 deposit of the $500 fee will reserve the church for you in any of our Good Shepherd Churches except St. Brendan. The cost to reserve St. Brendan is $350 half of $700.00. (May 25-Columbus Day) If a formal case annulment is in process the date cannot be reserved until a decision is granted.
- Request that your “church of Baptism” forward to Good Shepherd Parish, 271 Main St, Saco ME 04072, your baptismal certificate with notations. Issuance of within six months.
- Enroll in a marriage preparation program. Your parish will help you with this process.
- All completed paperwork including the PMI, baptismal certificates and any permissions, dispensations, or annulment declarations should be forwarded to Good Shepherd Parish.